Pirelli P8000

Has anyone put these tires on their cars.

I have an opportunity to buy a set for my '01 Passat for a real good price. I know they're good summer tires, but I vaguely remember a friend of mine had a set that was not very safe in the cold/snow. I live in VA, close to Washington DC and we get some snow and cold temp, down to the teens.

Any comments are really appreciated.

Tony

Reply to
Tony

In article "Tony" writes: $Has anyone put these tires on their cars.

What are these tires? They don't exist on tirerack.com or tires.com, and the only search result for "P8000" on Pirelli's own Web site is on the copyright page.

From Pirelli's numbering system, though, I'd have to guess they're either summer tires (Pirelli's Pn000 series, with no words afterwards, tend to be summer tires), or ultra-high-performance "all-season" tires that probably are only marginally useful in snow (in the Pn000 series, the higher n is, the higher the performance, and true high performance and true all-season capabilities tend not to go together).

Reply to
Hi Ho Silver

I agree with you; but the price for the set is outstanding!!. I may buy them strictly for the summer. I also could not find any reference to them in Tirerack, but here is a site that barely mention them:

Tony

Reply to
Mike

If you can't find out any info about them on tirerack.com, this may be the problem:

A couple years ago, Sears was advertizing some sort of Pirelli Px000 performance tires that I was interested in. I couldn't find out anything about them on the web and concluded that they were pretty much made especially for Sears (or something like that).

Bill

78 Rabbit...10/77 - 4/02 82 Convertibles(s)...since 93 95 Golf GL...since 11/99 02 Passat 1.8T Tip GLS...since 4/02 (Remove the CAT to email me)
Reply to
William Maslin