Plastic drip tray

My car is a 1988 VW (Rabbit) Cabriolet Convertible. It has the cheapest and flimsiest black plastic drip tray I have ever seen. I am talking about the tray under the hood, just forward of the windshield. I think it is intended to direct rain water away from the windshield wiper motor and other components.

My tray is so full of cracks and tears that it is useless. Is it really essential? I have had absolutely no luck in finding a replacement, and am considering fabricating one myself out of aluminum flashing. Thanks for any suggestions.

Reply to
Papa

I've heard reproductions are available in fiberglass. I think someone on the Yahoo group was talking about it. Best to do a search at Yahoo, Google, & the ODP

~ Paul aka "Tha Driver"

ThaDriver

Thanks, but I already tried those sources. Do you have any specific info?

Reply to
Papa