polo mk4 alarm...

hi there, i have a huge problem with my VW polo mk4 1.4 1994 (think?) My brother lost one set of keys with the remote, we got the spare key copied and the remote on the spare key has stopped working. anyhows.. this didnt matter because i have just been using the key to lock it untill about an hour ago when i disconnected the battery to change the starter motor (it was properly trashed). The alarm went off so i just put the +ve terminal back on and did the job with it "live". after i opened up the drivers door to test my nice new starter motor and the alarm went off. The only way i have ben able to get the car to start is to turn the key (alarm blazing) disconnect the battery and then reconnect it. fuel pump powers up and the car starts but then when i turn it off again i have to repeat all the alarm blazing thing again. Any ideas how to reset the alarm so it stays off till i get a new key-fob

my main problem is going to be that i have to pick my dad up from the airport in 2 hours and then if i stall or have to turn the engine off i'll have to set it off again to get the car started. Its going to be even funnier when i have to go to college tomorrow. People are going to think im nicking the car... and what about when i need to fill un the car at the petrol station tomorrow.....

Tim

Reply to
Tim Fish

not a mark 4 if its 1994, or if it is a mark 4 its not 1994

Reply to
Joe