Pontiac Monsoon Stereo Speaker replacement

I am in the process of replacing the rear speakers on a '01 Grand Am with the monsoon stereo and am finding that this system has a four wire plug on the speaker.All replacement speakers I have found only have 2 wires to them.Will I need to buy the speakers from Pontiac or will regular speakers work OK.Also,if the 2 wire speakers will work,which wires are to be used for the new speakers.

Reply to
wingman31557

Randolph

Yep!