Problem with Brand New Golf - Need Help

pardon me! i was assuming that the group had agreed that the dealer would pay for repairs....and probably provide a vehicle while the vehicle was in the shop....perhaps you misunderstood what i wrote....at no time did i say what you have written as your understanding of my words. read it over again....with the above clarification.....and i don't do sprout....i live in the real world every day....and do pretty well. no, lest you say it, i am not robin hood either!

Reply to
euro930

I understand your point. Now I wonder if the original poster will ever let the group know how this situation turns out.

Reply to
Kent

Gotcha. Makes more sense to me with the longer explanation. Thanks.

sd

Reply to
sd

Original poster here. The dealer has offered to have the bumpers painted at the Mercedes dealership that he owns. I'm going to go over there on Monday and have a look at their work. Will keep you informed.

Reply to
Sue

I would still be annoyed to have a repaint on a new car, but since you accepted the car (not picking on you) , that may be the best you can do. I had to have the rear bumper of my Eurovan painted shortly after we got it when a pole jumped out as my wife backed up, and it looked as good as new and still does 2 years later...so if they do it right, you'll never know the difference.

Good luck.

Reply to
Tony Bad

When I picked up my '00 Jetta, the bumper had a slight ding in it. They repainted it (for free) and I couldn't notice any difference in the color, so I took the car. Haven't had any problems at all and there's still no difference (though many new dings after 4 years of keeping it in the city...).

The salesman also said that very often their new cars get little dings on the bumper which they fix before customers ever see them.

dv

Reply to
Drew Volpe

For what it's worth my mom has had major accidents (in cost, not actual damage to the car!) in the past two years and I am amazed how much the quality of body work has improved.

If the dealer is willing to repaint the bumpers, I think that is great. A lot of manufacturers get really nervous about paint issues, given all the pollution out there.

I can see why VW's get bad marks in Consumer Reports. As a group, we are pretty demanding owners!

Reply to
micweb