Problem with power steering?

I have a 2000 Passat V6. It steers fine while in motion. When stationary it makes noise when I turn the wheel either direction like it is low on power steering fluid. However, the power steering reservoir is full. Any thoughts?

WTYM...

-- Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional!

(replace "tubules" with "ev1" for email)

Reply to
Seminephrious

How many miles. Some noise is ok, but when the pump starts whining when you don't turn the wheel thats when you will have a problem. Generally when a pump is starting to go you may experience random power steering loss for a few seconds. Once this happens you have a while before it goes totally out. Next is the noise you'll hear a squeaking sound (most likely) then it will go out. I wouldn't worry for a while - nothing you can do. The only other thing is that your rack may be clogging up. Only fix is to replace the fluid and see if that helps.

Reply to
stim141