problems with a 97 Jetta GLX

I bought a 97 Jetta GLX for my wife about a month ago. It is in pretty good shape but it has a problem which I dont know whether it is a defect or design flaw. When the AC is used, there is water that drips down on the passenger side's feet. If the defrost is used following the AC, it totally fogs up the windshield. There is water condensing somewhere, should it have a drain which is plugged, or is this what this car does?

Thanks.

Reply to
Mike

Here we go again with the "defect & design problem" thing! Most likely all you need to do is clean out the AC drain which is on the passenger side firewall! It's easy to do since the car is a GLX. I do them from under the car but you may be able to get the drain cleaned out from the top because of the added room of the VR6 engine.

Reply to
Woodchuck

So, should I do that from the bottom? I have 94 golf III with the same problem...

thanx

Reply to
Yeonsang

If it's a 2.0 then go the bottom route. Just flip open the flap from the heat shield then pop open the rubber flap and if it's not too bad all the crap should come out. Otherwise poking a coat hanger inside does well.

Reply to
Woodchuck