[Q] - Passat VR6 1995

Hello water boilers,

I have a 1995 Passat VR6 and it started to happen something strange as of late...

Smoke is coming out of the dash... with that wonderful caramel smell... which is significant to antifreese...

So I started to think.. what can it be inside the car... Heater core!!

Would some kind soul out there please tell me how easy/complex it is to replace...

Many thanks in advance,

Richard

s o u b y r a n @ v i d e o t r o n . c a

Reply to
r4

Pretty complexe since you have to remove your dash, not fun. While I don't think it would be covered under the recall, wouldn't hurt to call the dealer and find out. If it isn't, buy a Bently manual and don't make any plans next week end.

Pencilneck blah blah blah

Reply to
Pencilneck

Here you will find some pictures of a 1993 Passat VR6 heater core that I did earlier this year. This ought to scare you some. lol

I had done two heater cores (92 golf & 92 Jetta) previously so it SEEMED easier on the Passat, but I still can not close my eyes and see every single connection in my mind.

Reply to
dave