Question about headlight switch 92 jetta gl

Tonight when I put the headlights on nothing happened. pushed on the switch a little harder and they came on. Once on they were fine. Parking lights work just fine. My question, do you think it needs new switch? Or something else?

Reply to
Archangel

Either you have a bad switch or a loose connection at the switch or one of the wires at the switch has become damaged. You should remove the switch and see which is causing the problem.

Reply to
Papa

well if the origianl poster needs a used switch i have one from our 92 jetta

md

Reply to
vwtopdown

Thanks for the advise. I looked at the wires and they look fine to me no sign of any wear or breaks so I'm guessing it's just the switch.

Reply to
Archangel