Questions about how VW powertrain warranties work?

If there is anyone here who knows how VW powertrain warranties work, I have a couple questions.

If you bring a car into a dealer service with a possible powertain warranty claim, does the dealer make the decision that it is covered or do they always have to get the OK from VOA?

If you have a warranty case with VOA and are awaiting their decision, do they have to inform you whether they accepted or denied your claim in writing? There is a clause in the emission warranty part of the manual that says VOA has 30 days to accept or deny a claim and if they fail to inform you of a denial in writing, they have to pay the claim. I wonder if this applies to all the warranties?

Reply to
Gary D

DOes the warranty contract say that? If so, then yes, otherwise no.

Be careful not to confuse federal mandated warranty (emissions) requirements with warranty requirements or contracts. The two are

*very* different.
Reply to
PeterD