Rabbit Idle problem

I just got my 1980 rabbit convertable started. Apperently when i switched the fuse box i foolishly switched the fuel pump relay with the signal lights. Dumb me. But know when it starts it Idle's poorly, it seems to be missing. Prior to the fuse box changed it ran beuatifully, purred like a kitten. Know it shakes a little. Not like a diesel, but any shake makes me want to make my diesel change this year instead of next. Any help on this issue?

Reply to
awronka

I just got my 1980 rabbit convertable started. Apperently when i switched the fuse box i foolishly switched the fuel pump relay with the signal lights. Dumb me. But know when it starts it Idle's poorly, it seems to be missing. Prior to the fuse box changed it ran beuatifully, purred like a kitten. Know it shakes a little. Not like a diesel, but any shake makes me want to make my diesel change this year instead of next. Any help on this issue?

Reply to
awronka

Replace the passenger side motor mount. Use the big motor mount, not the little motor mount. It makes rattley 80 Rabbits smooth. If the car runs then it probably has nothing to do with the relay. It could be bad connection in the fuse box. It could be bad wires. Water in the gas. Lots of 101 possibilities.

Reply to
Jim Behning