Rabbit Release Date?

Anyone have a firm date?

I am being told: end of June (Canada)

Apparently most of the first wave of cars have already been sold: so they may release them a little earlier.

I hope I like the 2.5L engine in the one I have reserved (Sage green)

I was also considering the Audi A3. The only problems I had with this car:

- Salespeople are somewhat aloof at Audi

- No MP3 functionality unless you spend a whack of money on the NAV system

- Not much bigger storage area than the GTI MKV (which will be similar to the Rabbit)

- Lease rates significantly higher

Jonathan

Reply to
BasilForty

The Rabbit also is positioned more as an entry level car so the options and equipment are far more limited than on GTIs and A3s.

Reply to
Matt B.

And I agree that the lack of a MP3 player in a premium-brand car these days is a major blunder.

Reply to
Matt B.

I went to the dealer today and the release date for the Rabbit is now June 13th. I am happy to give up the Lincoln LS I am currently borrowing from a buddy.

EOS & GTI 4 Door still slated for September. (I'm surprised that the convertible is being released then)

He also indicated that the Jetta wagon is likely an '08 model: which should be a lot more 'fun' than the new Passat wagon (which I consider to be a little on the big side). I must say that the 3.6/4 Motion would be neat: but I don't want an auto tranny.

Jonathan

Reply to
BasilForty