radio beeping

Hi. My fiance and I bought a 1989 turbo diesel Westfalia a week and a half ago. We finally got the radio to pick up the signals, but it beeps at regular intervals (every 120 seconds or so), whether we're listening to the radio or a tape. There are no indicators telling us why it's doing this; the people we bought it from didn't mention any problems, and in fact implied that they had never used the stereo system.

Does anyone know why our radio is beeping--and more importantly, how we can get it to stop?

Thanks. Jena

Reply to
muse2323

The radio might be beeping if you have a serious oil pressure problem. The reason why, is because the oil pressure sender circuits beep via the radio speakers when the oil pressure light is on.

First check to see if your oil pressure light works by turning the key on to the point where all the lights in the instrument panel are on for checking purposes. If the oil light is not on during this test, your bulb is bad or the previous owner disconnected the light.

Was the radio fuse out at the time of the auto sale transaction?

So either way, the beep is probably the oil pressure beep alarm.

You will need to check the oil pressure with a mechanical guage to see if you really have a pressure problem or if it's just the sensor.

Reply to
Peter Parker