Radio Opening

I have asked this on other sites with no answer. Did VW change the size of the opening for the radio in US Passats sometime n the 2005 model year? My 05 Passat TDI sedan has a dbl DIN and everywhere I try to find a radio with built in GPS, they all say I have a single DIN. Is there any difference in dbl DIN sizing or will any dbl DIN fit?

Cecil

Reply to
Detailing Dude

I guess no one knows. How about this.....Does anyone with a 2005 (US) Passat have an in the dash Nav unit with their radio? What brand?

Cecil

Reply to
Detailing Dude

It's your car: what size opening does it have?

My A2 Jetta has a single DIN opening, while my Delica (ultra-cool, but not a VW - sorry!) has a double DIN opening. Its stereo has a karaoke input... :-)

Laura Halliday VE7LDH "Non sequitur. Your ACKS are Grid: CN89mg uncoordinated." ICBM: 49 16.05 N 122 56.92 W - Nomad the Network Engineer

Reply to
laura halliday

Very Funny, Ha Ha I have tried to go on sites such as Crutchfield for a unit, but they will not let me chose a dbl din radio for my car. That is the reason for the query. I am a big fan of invisible fit, if VW had one for this year I'd get it. Not to concerned with "New is better".

Thanks for resp> > I have asked this on other sites with no answer. Did VW change the size of

Reply to
Detailing Dude

So install a single DIN unit. You can get blanking plates or little trays to fill the extra hole. Those little trays are just the right size for holding a couple of CDs.

The only reason they care about what kind of car you're putting it in is to get the wiring harness right. Even these are pretty generic.

Your options seem pretty clear to me: lie about what kind of car you have, buy from somebody else, or talk to their sales people and see what your options are.