Re: 1.8T Passat Top Speed

I finally had a chance to drive on a level, straight, lighlty travelled

> highway that isn't heavily patrolled. What's the top end for a 1.8T Passat > (2003)? My old RX-7 had HR rated tires. What speed is the Passat's tires > rated for? My Passat came with Contis (so did the RX-7).

Top speed on my 2002 1.8T is 131mph (regulated). That is for a stock, unmodified, unchipped vehicle. Mine came with Michelin Energy MXV-4s. VR speed rated to 149mph. I don't know whether these tires are standard on all

1.8Ts.
Reply to
JCF

Crap... I think my last message got deleted... anyhow, it went something like this:

Is the Passat a manual or automatic?

My 2002 1.8T Jetta with a 5-speed got to 135mph (according to the speedo) and I did not hit a limiter, but I'm told the limiter is around 138mph. It had room left to go so I imagine about 145mph would be the top for mine. Your Passat is a bit heavier, but it should be somewhat close to that speed.

Almost past break-in mileage on the 03 GLI so I can see where the limiter is...

TOE

Reply to
TOE

manual