Re: 1993 VW Fox front rear wheel bearings replacement question -- repair manual for this car is out of print.

I went to Autozone and read a manual for the Jetta, since they don't have any Fox manuals. Got rear bearings removed and spindle/hub cleaned up. The only thing I'm not sure about now is how much grease should I pack back into the hub? I know I need to work the grease into the bearings well, but should I pack the hub full or what? I bought a pack of bearing grease that is supposed to be enough for 2 wheels, so should I just use half a pack of that per wheel then?

Thanks, Tom

Hi, does anyone have any advice for replacing the rear wheel bearings? >I've bought both inner and outer and the seal. I looked through the >manual for the VW Golf, and figure it can't be much different. >Doesn't look too hard, but then, I'm not a mechanic either. > >Thanks, Tom
Reply to
spam

Jim B.

Reply to
jimbehning

Thanks, I will order the Bentley. I found one on Ebay that I'll bid for. I can see now that having the manual is a must. There is no way I can do this kind of maintenance without. Fortunately, many people here have been extremely helpful, giving me torque specs, etc so that I can get by until I get the manual.

Tom

Reply to
spam