Re: Girlfriend running Engine with low Oil, 90 golf 8v

bump

Reply to
Marc Smith

We had one customer who didn't think his New Beetle needed an oil change...he just drove it until the oil light was on, then he added oil, and continued driving....the cycle continued for about 15,000 kilometers...than the engine died.

- Pete

Reply to
Peter Cressman

the latest VW manuals recommend changing it every 5000 miles. do you disagree with them ?

dv

Reply to
Drew Volpe

on my beater fox...i change my oil once every 6 months...regardless of odometer reading. It is a beater so i just dont care. I put on roughly 80kms a day...so you do the math. It all depends on how important the car is to you. hehe Some guys with seriously cool cars change their oil every 3000miles

Reply to
dontbeleivethis

Tunrned out to be a Water pump go figure..

Reply to
Marc Smith

Jim B.

Reply to
jimbehning

Before I was "into" checking oil I set out on a trip to wales in my Polo on a hot sunny day. It was feeling a bit stiff so I pulled into a garage. The dipstick was completely dry, waggling it about had no effect. There was no coolant either, you could see right down the tube. Topped them both up and the car drove beautifully for another

4-5 years!
Reply to
Paul Dormer