Re: Have any refinements been made to the Passat in 2004?

Have any refinements or fixes to the Passat design been done in 2004?

> If I have to pay the $2,300 more, what does it buy me?

if you are going to keep your car for more than 4 years, that extra cash is wasted.....otherwise, it purchases you an '04. which is going to be worth about half that much in additional trade-in value when the time comes to purchase another. the discounted new '03 is much better value, as no changes have been made. in recent years,vw has been making small tweeks to models throughout the model year...they are subtle but to a keen eye, present!

Reply to
euro930nospam

(Assuming no major changes, which I can't answer)

Trade in value and higher insurance premiums :)

I just made the same decision with a Jetta. I went for the 03 because I keep my cars forever. If you plan on trading in say 2 years or less, you will be better off with the 04.

HTH

psycho

Reply to
psycho_pastrami

The only major change to the Passat for '04 is the availability of a new 2.0 TDI engine.

The Passat will be totally redesigned for 2005 though.

Reply to
Matt B.

And not for the better, IMO. At least not completely. I hear they're switching to transverse engines, which may mean more torque steer, and would require them to switch to the Haldex system, AIUI.

-- Mike Smith

Reply to
Mike Smith