Re: Need antenna mast for 1997 Jetta Jazz 4-door--where to find?

From: "Jose" snipped-for-privacy@SPAMmustDIEeasystreet.com

>Date: 9/27/03 2:54 AM Central Daylight Time >Message-id: > >Hello all, > >New to the group, hope someone here can point me in the right direction. A >couple of weeks ago, my screw-on plain Jane, non-telescoping, fender-mount >antenna for my '97 Jetta Jazz was stolen (don't you just love thieves?) and >now I can't find a replacement mast. I can live with the shorty "Fuba" >style mast, although I prefer the type that came on the car originally >(taller, just a simple whip), but I need something that will screw onto a >male threaded stud, and all I've found so far are ones that screw into a >hole. I've looked all over the Net, and can't find what I need. Is there >an aftermarket generic that would fit? > >If anyone can point me in the right direction I'd be very grateful. >

your local VW dealer should have them or be able to get them. junk yard maybe later, dave Reminder........ Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes. Frieda Norris

Reply to
dave

Rob Guenther

Thanks for the replies. You would think it would be no big deal, but nobody on-line seems to have a clone of the antenna that came with my vehicle-- they only seem to carry these stubby ones, and with a male thread on the bottom to boot. I hope you guys are right about the dealer having the kind I need. Hell, I'd even be OK with getting a female-female adapter so I could screw that on to the stud the base, and use this wrong part that I ended up getting sent to me (the stubby type I described above-- which I ordered from a place that SAID it would fit a '97 Jetta GL--or was there an actual difference between my Jetta Jazz and a Jetta GL, as far as antennas are concerned?). Maybe the lack of availability is what inspired the thief in the first place?

fender-mount

Reply to
Jose

Jim B.

Reply to
jimbehning

**Just drive closer to Detroit, they have a couple of good jazz stations. :)

kaboomie

Reply to
kaboom

Reply to