Re: One in a million...

Our odometer stopped last summer at 56856Kms on a 1991 Golf... so factor in that is was 11 years old, that is 5168 kms per year... so it now has approximately 62024kms on it, but I drove it an additional 2000kms more then it normal gets driven... still UNDER 65000kms!!!! our VW dealer and indy garage was in shock as well. Our interior looks QUITE nice, the black plastic is still black, there are no cracks in the dashboard, the seats are in perfect shape, minus a small seam splitting on the drivers side, where the vinyl bottom connects with the main cloth section.... The engine runs like a top right now.

1991 Golf GL 4 door 5 speed manual Base model (not even a radio was in it in the beginning) I believe our shade is also Calypso green... I could take a few pictures of her if you would like

The bad about this car is that the Canadian winters and hot summers have taken their toll on the paintjob, slightly faded in some spots... overall looks GREAT from a distance tho.... that and a few engine (electrical) issues over the years.

I saw what is probably one of the lowest mileage A2s still in existence > today! A little old lady brought her 1992 Jetta into the dealer for service > and I almost fell over when I had a look at the odometer. 68,500 kms. > Sixty-Eight Thousand???? The car was incredible! the interior was > immaculate, as was the engine compartment and underbody of the car. Sadly, a > few hours after the car went out of the dealer, having it's oil change > completed, we get word that it is being towed in, as the car had an > unfortunate meeting with a light pole. The owner is fine, but the car is > not.....would have made a great little car to carry one well into the next > decade! > > These are the specs on the car: > > 1992 Jetta GL Wolfsburg Edition > Automatic Transmission > Calypso Green w/ Beige interior > Sunroof > 1.8L RV engine > > - Peter > > > -- > -- > 1990 Jetta GL Wolfsburg Edition (Jude) > 1989 Jetta Carat (Un-named, but open to suggestions!) > 1968 Beetle GLX (Rhett) > > "It's not a car, It's a Volkswagen" > >

Rob Guenther