re: replacing head on a '93 Fox

I have a problem with a leaky head on my Fox. It has been a great car in the last year and has fairly low mileage. I have my bead on a head from a '90 Fox in an area salvage yard but am having trouble finding if they are definitely compatible... I even have the Bentley guide and unless I am missing something I don't see a clear breakdown over the production years. I have eyed the head in the '90 and it is a different injection system than mine (which is a Digifant II for California.) Is that my answer? Is it a matter of the injection ports being different? I saw a head for sale on eBay that is a CIS injection system, that says is incompatible with any digifant system much less the digifant II ( he conveniently left out the year info on the head. Is there any reliable way to track this down in some resource? I could call VW, but my car is old and they are trying to sell Tuareg maintenance packages. Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

-Scott

Reply to
pictman

Try VWVortex.com. There are forums for the fox and the search engine is pretty slick so you can narrow down the information.

Peter Parker