Re: Silly Car Fantasies

Think you'll get another one someday?

But this!

My God. How delightful it would be to dance on twisty mountain roads of New Jersey with this magnificent beast.

Of course, I'd order this cute accessory Bunny as a companion.

I'd even let her drive. Put the top down and scream, "Run Lola Run!".

>We're on our own and no one is coming to save >>us from ourselves, at least in biological form >>assuming an afterlife. >Well, that may be true but I've got some great >news Bunn. ...... I just saved a fortune on car >insurance by switching to Crapco! (To steal a >line from your favorite commercial.)

And I have to hear it daily ad nauseam on the radio out of NYC with the ad ending "not available in NJ or Mass". IIRC, upon reading a consumers website a while ago, it stated that their rates were not any cheaper than the rest of the thieves. Almost as annoying as those 'Onstar' ads featuring dolts who somehow manage to lock their keys inside the car alone or along with children. Some even while the auto is still running.

How does one accomplish such a feat if the remote locking is on the _key_ ring???

-- Keith

_____

"Cosmic upheaval is not so moving as a little child pondering the death of a sparrow in the corner of a barn." -Anouk Aimee, French Actor _____

"Death is better, a milder fate than tyranny", Aeschylus (525BC-456BC), Agamemnon _____

"I wear no Burka." - Mother Nature

---------- The mailbox, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net has been circumvented to fight spam. To send mail... substitute ModerateMammal

----------

Reply to
Keith

I'd even let her drive. Put the top down and scream, "Run Lola Run!".

(snip)

All these V6 and V8 engines are OK, but I'm still waiting for someone to put out a nice sports car with an INLINE V6. Now that would be ultra cool. Screw the "V" format, give me something that will rev SMOOTHLY beyond 6K. VRRRRRrrrrrrrOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMM!!! Heck, even Chevy put out an SUV recently with an Inline 6. I was drooling. Didn't like the platform, though. And of course, no real tranny available :( -Dave

Reply to
Dave C.

Jaguar XKE.

Ford Falcon (Austrailia)

Other various Jaguars, BMWs, etc.

Reply to
Brent P

Toyota Supra TT? Or is that a V6 as well?

Do you know about Bimmers Dave? They have everything you want! Great cars too. Given that you seem to be a fairly "aggressive" driver (kudos to you), the M3 might be right up your street. Fast, responsive, awesome handling, inline six, real tranny (6sp). But then, at 74 grand with cloth seats (!), it had better be darn good.

Reply to
Ricardo

No such animal could ever exist.

Reply to
Matt B.

Dodge Dart

Reply to
Bob F.

At that point ya might as well add ford maverick, chevy nova, etc etc...

Reply to
Brent P

Wouldnt the "boxer", with opposing, coplanar cylinders be a better design? Subaru has a 6 cyl boxer engine, it is called H I believe, on their Outback (?) model.

Reply to
223rem

Oh, I guess I should have added, and not a Ford. :) -Dave

Reply to
Dave C.

Yeah, if I thought they weren't terribly overpriced, I'd consider one. I have nothing against bimmers at all, just don't see the value in them (compared to the competition), even if they do have the inline 6, real tranny, etc. I mean, it would be child's play to put out a nice 2005 or later smallish sedan (not coupe, not hatchback, not mini-SUV, not two-door with false back seat) with powerful inline 6, manual tranny, possibly even REAR wheel drive with limited slip differential AND keep the price down to say ~$35 K or less. Easy! Why it hasn't been done is a real mystery, as that puppy would probably outsell the top ten (camry?, taurus, etc.) combined, in the U.S. at least. -Dave

Reply to
Dave C.

Yup, typo. My bad. :) How about inline V6's (plural). That's already been done, hasn't it? :) -Dave

Reply to
Dave C.

BMWs don't count?

-- Mike Smith

Reply to
Mike Smith

"Dave C." wrote

Lexus IS300 is inline-6 and less $$$ than BMWs. Also the GS300 and SC300 use the same I6. At lease the IS300 is available with a manual transmission; all are RWD.

Floyd

Reply to
fbloogyudsr

Brilliant cars, very high $$$$$$.

Reply to
Ricardo

Damn, I'll have to look into that. :) -Dave

Reply to
Dave C.

Don't forget the special "grenading engine" feature.

Reply to
P e t e F a g e r l i n

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 13:45:54 -0400 (EDT), snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Keith) wrote in alt.fan.art-bell:

The car's top, or hers?

-- V.G.

"People are more violently opposed to fur than leather, because it is easier to harrass rich women than it is motorcycle gangs." - Bumper Sticker (This sig file contains not less than 80% recycled SPAM)

Sarcasm is my sword, Apathy is my shield.

Reply to
Vanilla Gorilla (Monkey Boy)

How, pray tell, can a car have an *inline* *V*6?

Spider

Reply to
Spider

Scheiße auf dem Mädchenbusen hält die Jungens ab vom Schmusen!

Reply to
Ricardo

This is the car that was intended to take the 3 series head on.

The SC300 was too apparently, but that car was never officially imported to Canada. The very sleek SC400, now superseded by the 430, was/is sold here - no manual tranny though. Some say that was an oversight on Toy... uhh, I mean Lexus' part, but I don't think so, 'cos companies like that don't make "oversights". I think they deliberately chose not to offer the 400 series cars with a MT 'cos they felt it unnecessary (which is true to a large degree based on the performance profile of that car and the target market), perhaps not realizing that some people want to drive a three pedal car just for the sake of operating a clutch and shifter, even though it makes precious little practical and noticeable difference to the car's performance (added weight aside) when you have a bajillion lb-ft of torque on tap at peak torque revs, with most of that bajillion being available just off fast idle. Good thing those cars have traction control. :}

Reply to
Ricardo