Rear Coil Springs Substitues---97 Jetta HELP Please

Hi all, I am a hard working person that spends his money wisely. When I ask for the price of rear coil springs for my 97 Jetta I went RED. $153.00 Canadian each, for a rod of steel coiled. I dont mind paying the far price for something, but this is not__ hi tech stuff__.

We are being robbed. So has any one found or matched a substitue spring off a USA car or any car in that fact,that fits the Jetta.

Out of all the cars on the road there must be something that fits

If any one has the lenght and diameter of the spring would be helpful also.

thanks in advance

Please reply to the group

herb

Reply to
Captain Kirk

R&D cost money on everything that is made, not to mention the product liability just so lawyers get their share. Don't get me wrong, I hate to pay some of today's pricing on stuff. Just look at the new $5,000+ tv's & $100+ Reebok shoes out there. You know, the ones from china and Taiwan.

Reply to
Woodchuck

Are there no auto salvage yards where you live? I have had VWs nearly

20 years old with the factory spr>Hi all, I am a hard working person that spends his money wisely. When

Jim B.

Reply to
jimbehning

Try "The Parts Place" in Auburn Hills Michigan

You are pretty much locked into buying springs specifically made for GOlf/Jetta's...

Reply to
Biz