rear vent window?

Thanks to a prowler I get to replace the rear vent (quarter) window on my MK2 Golf. I looked it up and it seems pretty simple. Any advice/ warnings?

Reply to
Ears

It's just as easy as it looks. You put it in like an old school windshield with the gasket. Just remove the old, clean up the gasket real well, put it on the new window, get yourself some cord or wire (I prefer appx. 16 AWG stranded THHN myself although almost all resources tell you to use a cord) wrap it in the channel of the gasket that goes over the body lip, have a helper push the window into place, get inside the car and grab the ends of the cord/wire and pull the lip of the gasket inside. Smack it a couple times from outside to seat it well, clean off the greasy hand prints, et voila.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

forgot to mention, some soapy water on the gasket makes this work much smoother. I just use a few drops of regular dish soap in a bucket of warm water.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel