reassemble 96 Golf GL drum brakes

96 Golf GL 65K miles and I'm replacing rear shoes on drum brakes. Have Bentley 93-97 manual but illustrations and instructions for this task are vague and incomplete. For example manual says to replace upper return spring but no illustration or text clearly shows connection points to shoes. Similar for lower return spring. Where can I find clearer instructions? BTW this is first replacement and shoes were barely worn however pad on one shoe was cracked.
Reply to
Henry Markov

if you can't remember where they go.. then take a picture before it all comes off.

Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck

Or work on one side with the other side complete to double check as reference.

Reply to
Madesio

Best DIY site on the web for MKIII's This link is for the rear drums.

This is the main site with all the other DIY's
Enjoy

Reply to
SteveC