recommendations for 14" summer tires

Probably going to get Dunlop SP A2. Any other suggestions in price range? Thanx in advance. andy

Reply to
andy

At my auto center, we have very poor results from this tire. Very short treadlife, (10,000 - 20,000 miles), and they tend to cup, regardless if the tires are properly rotated and the vehicle is in alignment.

To respond via e-mail, simply take the, "REMOVEXX" out of my return e-mail address.

Reply to
SnThetcOil

Firestone Firehawk SH30's. UNREAL in the rain. Massive performance. This tire might be sold under the Bridgestone brand, HP30 I think the name is.

Reply to
nospam

I was very unhappy with the Dunlops , performance is nothing to write home about and they seem to wear very quickly. this time around I got Yokohama avids , nice tire and the yokahama website is offering a 100.00 Marriott hotel coupon . Next step up would be Michelins but now you're talking 100. per tire.

Reply to
John

Try the Dunlop sp8000. Great grip and handling. Decent in the rain. Only downside is treadlife (a little over 20K miles for me).

Reply to
Matt B.

I'd steer away from the Dunlop's. Mine wore out very quickly (almost bald after 13000 kilometers), Luckily I got them replaced under warranty.

Mike Kayer

94 Jetta, 71 Beetle, 80 Vanagon Westfalia
Reply to
MK

In article "MK" writes: $I'd steer away from the Dunlop's. Mine wore out very quickly (almost bald $after 13000 kilometers), Luckily I got them replaced under warranty.

[Please don't top post]

My A4 1.8t quattro came with summer tires, which I didn't want, so at the start of the first winter I replaced them with SP A2s. The first set lasted about 60 000 km - could probably have pushed them a bit longer if they'd been near the end of their life in summer, but it was the start of winter and that's not the time to try to squeeze a little more mileage out of tires that are running out of tread. I did some looking around but decided to buy the same tires again - I was happy with them.

But if you're asking for summer tires, why are you probably going to buy all-season tires instead?

Reply to
Hi Ho Silver