Reliable rear bike rack for 2000 VW Golf?

Hi,

I have a 2000 VW Golf, road and a mountain bike.

I need to buy a reliable rear bike rack. There are many models on the market and I can't make a decision.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend something specific.

Thank you in advance

Reply to
Outfoors

Probably the two brands with the best reputations would be Thule and Yakima. One brand that I would definitely recommend *AVOIDING* is "Byke Ryder." I had one of their racks break on me once, nearly dumping three bikes on a freeway, in a construction zone, at rush hour.

Bill

__o | Reason has seldom failed us because it has seldom been tried. _`\(,_ | (_)/ (_) | --Edward Abbey

Reply to
D_Frumious_B