Remove exterior door handle on jetta 4 (2002)

Hi,

I have a Jetta 2002 and the exterior door handle does not work on my left rear door. It looks like the tab with the cable that gets pulled to open the door got disengaged from the handle. My questions is: Which screw do I need to remove to remove the handle? The one behind the plastic cap is a bolt and looks completely different from what the front doors have. There are no screws near the door handle.

thank you

Reply to
Shorty

Ok, I finally found my bentley manual... The difference with the rear doors is that the screw holding the exterior door handle is behind the rubber strip, right next to the rear door handle. I used a torx screwdriver t15 to loosen the screw and fix the cable that somehow got detached from the handle.

Reply to
Shorty