Removing and replacing heater core MK2 Jetta

Two answers for your question...

It is a pretty hard job to do and one can expect to spend a LOT of time on the job. The entire dash has to come out.

or...

An expert can swap one out in about 2 or 3 hours without any problem, and not take the dash out. I'm no expert though but I've witnessed this a few times.

Reply to
Pencilneck

How hard is it to remove and replace the heater core in a MK 2 Jetta? Does the whole dash have to come out?

Thanks

Reply to
Craig Cluney

What's a MK2 Jetta? Years?

Reply to
Woodchuck

Is that a 85 up golf/jetta? If so in the hay day of the SD recall I had them down to about 1 hour

Reply to
Woodchuck

'85 to '92 I think.

jpm