Replacing seats in 85 Golf?

I want to replace my torn 85 VW golf seats with black leather seats from a newer model jetta?, is this possible.

What year ranges are compatible with seat replacement? I don't want to do seat covers!

Thanks in advance for any advice,

vwgolfbeginner....

Reply to
chadwickmatthew

Any A2 chassis will be an adequate seat donor. Not sure about A3s.

If your car is a 2-door, the replacement seats will have to be from a

2-door, unless you plan on never using the back seats again. Also not sure if the Jetta *rear* seat is compatible with a Golf body. Wasn't sure if you were going to replace all the seats or just the fronts - I would probably want to do them all, myself.

Personally I would look for an A2 Golf with the interior you want and the same number of doors as your car so I could get the door panels and rear inner quarter panels (or rear door panels, as appropriate) so the whole interior would match.

good luck,

nate

Reply to
N8N