reset check engine light?

I recently replaced the spark plugs, wires, cap and rotor on a 96 Cabrio. In the process of removing one of the wires it cracked the distributor cab. A slight arc occurred when idling and was this way for about two days until the replacement cap was installed. The 'check engine' light came on intermittently and then on solid. I've since replaced the cap and no signs of arcing or rough running are present but the light remains lit. This after about 3 days of morning/evening commute and errands.

How do I reset this light?

-Bill Kearney

Reply to
wkearney99

Might take a few more days and start cycles. Give it some more time/mileage first.

Reply to
Matt B.