secondary air injection pump on jettas, 2.0L

Check eng. light was on in a2000 jetta 2.0L,I hooked up the scanner,got code p0411;secondary air injection system incorrect flow and p1255 manufacturer controled fuel and air metereing malfuntion. I may have a bad air pump but it runs fine even if I run it direct, I replaced the relay and clear the eng.light but the light comes on after and hour or so. The price for that pump is $300 in a dealer in N.Y.C. thats high way rubbery for a plactic pump that weaights about 2 lbs. I still have to check the vacuum solenoid and the check valve to the exhaust pipe but it makes Me angry to see the high prices on these parts for cars, particularly for European cars. My advice to people is buy Hondas and Toyotas made in the U.S.A. Any coments wellcome...

Reply to
smokeman

go to

they have the oumo for 224$. the pumps are all almost the same. make sure you check the valve, I'm planing to change the valve from a vacuum powered one to an electric version (wired parallel to the pump) that should work much better. my passat also has a 'flow sensor' and as far as I know the cabrio from my wife does not has a flow sensor after the air pump but she has the 2.0 engine also. so check of you have an sensor, maybe the sensor is dead. I took the pump apart chevy has smog pumps for 30-60$ (new) they are a little bigger but shoudl fit under your 2.0 hood since there is plenty of space on that engine usually.

good luck, keep me updated.

THX Sebastian

Reply to
Sebastian

Have you checked the prices of H&T parts lately?

Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck

no, never read H+T? any weblinks?

Reply to