Secondary Air Pump Source

The air pump on my 97 Jetta just croaked. Does anyone know of a good source for a replacement?

Thanks,

Reply to
Mark Wolfe

Did you test it with separate power and ground going to it?

dave

Well it still runs but I think the bearings are shot - loud grinding noise coming from it. Also do you know of a emissions valve connected to it that should be replaced as well to the tune of $300.00 from the dealer?

Reply to
Mark Wolfe

Someone had mentioned possibly successfully changing the bearings on one of these pumps. I seem to remember a valve connected to it, but if it is just the bearings or the pump........I would probably just change that and check the operation of that valve. Maybe someone will sell you a good used one. good luck, dave

dave