Seeking 14" alloys for 96 Jetta

AudiAvant

Anyone know of an online source for stock (probably used) VW alloy rims? I've got a '96 Jetta GLS with stock steel wheels. I'm looking to get alloys for it. Nothing fancy, just stock alloys from another Jetta or maybe a GTI. It seems like with so many people buying aftermarker rims there would be a good source for stock rims somewhere. Anyone know of anywhere offhand? I'm going to check out some local junkyards this week.

Reply to
Nireld

Don't think you can use GTI they are 5 stud your's is a 4 stud or not?

my Golf '96 is a 4 stud bloody annoying.

Reply to
Joe

That's what I thought, but it seemed to me that used wheels got bid up pretty high on ebay. I assumed used wheels would cost about the same from a junkyard, etc. Then you have to take shipping costs and mounting/balancing into account...which adds up...

Maybe you'll get lucky, but I decided to get new wheels for my 95 Golf from Tire Rack. I got four new Borbet B wheels (made in Germany) for $75 each. They were 15 inch four bolt wheels. I think they were 15 x 6.5. Maybe it was 15 x 6. Anyway, with new 195-50 Sumitomo tires mounted and balanced, the total was $560 including shipping. I see that Tire Rack still has the 14 inch Borbet Bs for $75.

By the way, the wheels on a VR6 GTI or a Jetta GLX are five bolt wheels.

Bill

78 Rabbit...10/77 - 4/02 82 Convertibles(s)...since 93 95 Golf GL...since 11/99 02 Passat 1.8T Tip GLS...since 4/02 (Remove the CAT to email me)
Reply to
William Maslin

Reply to
skydivertu

5-stud = A3 VR6 GTI and Jetta GLX 4-stud = A3 4-banger GTIs and all other A3 Golfs and Jettas.

Can also use 4-bolt rims from an A1 or A2 if car is 4-bolt but offset will be different.

Reply to
Matt B.

Reply to
skydivertu