shocks on 99 passat

Hi, I have 99 30v Passat @ 86k, I want to change shocks. any input on brands, my local supplier suggest Monroe, but past experience on different cars was that Monroe sensatrac was'nt very happy, I found another supplier on the net from NJ sells KYB Brand and Koni, Any suggestion.

Reply to
George

I am very happy with my Koni shocks that I had installed on my 1999 Golf last summer. They are adjustable for firmness, right now I have them on the softest setting, which is similar to the VW sport shocks, but apparantly with a smoother feel to them (I've driven with VW sport shocks for all of 1 minute in a parking lot - friends new 2004 Jetta TDI Sport edition... but I've riden with him and my car feels nicer, and more taught - except over pavement cracks... my car makes pounding noises from the rear suspension over certain cracks/small holes in the road that his doesn't make... made the same noises with the OEM parts on - soundproofing issue, maybe).

We have Boge shocks on our 1993 Volvo 965 (replacement original parts), they are a nice ride as well, just totally different feel: firm, way more compliant, not overly sporty - generally a solid ride - tho the load levelling, live rear axle makes for a ride not really befitting a luxury car.

Reply to
Rob Guenther

Bilstein HD. Period, exclamation point. Not cheap, but they'll easily last 100k miles or more (and are guaranteed for as long as you own the car), ride AND handling both will improve.. the best option bar none.

-dw-

Reply to
Delbert Wahoo