Should I smell fuel ?

02 GTI vr6. Should I smell gas after making a hard turn (cornering) with my car? I would think that the VW engineers would put some sort of baffles into the fuel tank to prevent the gas from running up the filler pipe. I know it's not my imagination and it has happened on less than a full tank. Is this normal? And it doesn't matter whether it's a right or left turn.
Reply to
MatMite

No you shouldn't and also you may have the MIL on or soon to come on. OBDII checks the fuel tank for vapor leaks at least once per day on startup. On another note OBDII can't check a fuel leak in the pressure feed side on the fuel injection system so I would look close at all the fuel lines for signs of leakage.

Reply to
Woodchuck

You shouldn't smell fuel at any time in any VW. Time to goto the dealer and make them fix it under warranty.

Reply to
Rob Guenther

I thought so....the gas and fumes should stay in the tank....I will check under hood and chasis for leakage..thanks for the reply

Reply to
MatMite