Smallest ]wheel size that will fit a Jetta IV

I'm about to ditch my Jetta II for a new VR6 Jetta IV. I have some

14" snow tires that I would like to use on my new car. Will a 14" rim fit over the caliper and rotor? I have my doubts.... Thanks.

Brian

Reply to
Brian

I have an A2 Golf, and an A4 Golf, and I know for sure the wheels would never fit just due to the hole pattern. My old golf has 4 lugs, and the new one has 5.... that and my Golf came with the 13" steel wheels... new one has nice 15" alloys tho, looks very sharp.

Reply to
Rob Guenther

Hey Rob,

Thanks for the info. My concern is wheel diameter, not the lug pattern. I'm sure it won't be too difficult to find some 14" rims with the proper offset and lug pattern. I just want to know if the

14" diameter will fit around the caliper and rotor. Thanks again.

Brian

Reply to
Brian

I think that you might be able to get a 14" rim on a 2.0 MkIV, but I'd bet at least $20 that a 14" rim won't work on a stock VR6 of any variety. The 10.1" brakes from a Jetta GLi or MkIII will fit under a

14" rim but not a 13" rim, and 11" G60 Corrado brakes will only fit under 15" or bigger rims (and even then, some 15" rims don't quite fit). Since I'm 95% sure that the VR6s (Raddo, MkIII, and MkIV) wouldn't use smaller brakes than the G60, 14" rims and tires aren't going to work.
Reply to
Kevin 'Sparty' Broderick