Speedometer and Tachometer not working ....

I have a 1999 Jetta Wolfsburg Edition with about 100k miles on it.

I've changed my battery about a month ago and after I changed the battery, the speedometer and tachometer stopped working. Everything else on the instrument cluster works (Temperature, Diagnostic lights, odometer, clock and such). The speedometer refuses to move and the tachometer seems to quickly vibrate at 0. When I shut the engine off, the tachometer continues to vibrate (like something is trying to move it back and forth) This only happens when the temperature is hot and/or the engine is warmed up. When the engine is cold and the outside temperature is cold, it seems to work.

Any info and help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
IYS