Spring under front seat popped off: 2002 Jetta GL

I was driving my wife's car (2002 Jetta GL) and as I slid the front seat to adjust it, I noticed that a spring came off, it just fell on the floor. The spring is about 10-12 inches long. The seat now it feels harder to slide forward so it may have to do with that mechanism.

Is this something I can put back myself? Or should I just take it to a VW shop?

Thanks,

V Zamora snipped-for-privacy@NONONOSPAMhotmail.com

Reply to
Vince Zamora

ups

"Vince Zamora" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com... > I was driving my wife's car (2002 Jetta GL) and as I slid the front > seat to adjust it, I noticed that a spring came off, it just fell on > the floor. The spring is about 10-12 inches long. The seat now it > feels harder to slide forward so it may have to do with that > mechanism. >

Reply to
Jørgen Rubach

Take it to the VW shop. If your car is still under (two year??)warranty, it won't cost you anything.

Reply to
"René G.

Same thing happened to my 02 Jetta as well. Found a number of others with same problem. Not having the spring didn't affect the raising, lower or any other seat adjustment so I left it off.

I was still under warrantee but when the dealer service manager scratched his head about having to pull the seat out I decided to leave it off.

Reply to
JEB

The ones on my 99.5 "new" jetta are off also. There is a small stud sticking off the seat frame that it's supposed to be attatched to. They brake off and there's no place to attatch them to now. Maybe a small bolt in the hole would work.

Jo Bo

Reply to
Jo Bo