Strut bump stop and dust sleeve choice?

Am replacing my front struts and looking on benzbin.com there are two different bump stops and each bump stop has a dust sleeve that goes with it, the od is eiter 29 mm or 53 mm for the sleeve.

Is there a dfference between bump stops / sleeves thta will make a difference?

Not sure which ones to purchase.

This is for a 1984 Rabbit.

Thanks

Reply to
Tube Audio

That is my first palce to shop for VW parts. I do not recall ever seeing a choice. I suspect the dust sleeve relates to the bump stop you buy. I bought both the bump stop and the dust sleeve from the same vendor so I got the correct parts that worked together. I also replace the strut bearings whenever I replace a strut on a Rabbit.

Reply to
Jim Behning