Tach Problem

Hey, does anyone know what the relationship is between the tack and the headlights? As soon as I switch them on the tach dives to 0.

89 Jetta 8v gas Will Breeze Langley BC
Reply to
Will

Randolph

Thanks Randolph, sorry I took so long to post back. You were right on with checking connections. It seems that when I had the cluster out (to fix the odo), I may not have seated the connectors correctly. I procrastinated for a long time to check it out because I was too lazy to take out the cluster again, but it turned out I didn't need to, I just reached up behind it to check the connections.The stupid part is, I was probably driving around with my high-beams on, since the indicator wasn't workingthanks again!Randolph Wrote:> Seems like the ground connection (brown wire) to the instrument cluster

Reply to
Will