TDI TRansmission

I have a 2000 TDI with 90k miles on it....runs fine. I can't seem to find any recommendationns on maintenance on the Auto Trans. Is it sealed? Should I have it serviced / flushed by a trans shop? I would think that at

100k miles I should be thinking about this kind of stuff. Does the A4 AT have a good service history?
Reply to
Mike

Head on over to

Yes the transmission has a "lifetime" fill. When the transmission goes, it's lifetime is up! Just be sure the person doing the change is (a) using the correct vw fluid and (b) knows the proper way to fill it.

Joe R

Reply to
Joe R

Don't trust the "lifetime" statements. Every good transmission shop should be able to flush the fluid with hydraulic pump. My TDI is manual, so I'm not familiar with this particular transmission, but my wife's Volvo is "lifetime" sealed. It gets flushed every 30K miles with Mobil synthetic ATF - the car has 100K miles on it and shifts very smoothly. The process is relatively quick and inexpensive compared to transmission rebuild.

D.

Reply to
DCM

Reply to