TDI VW Touareg

Anyone know when the V-10 diesel version of the Touareg will be available in the U.S.?

It sounds like an amazing rig.

Reply to
Spanky

Not until after 2006 at least. That is when the better fuel (up to the standard now available in the EU) will be available in the US the last I heard. Maybe much later by the time the lobbyist get done.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Supposedly the 05 model year.

Reply to
Dave

The Stealerships around here are saying mid 04 as an 05...Indeed it does sound like a insane SUV...

The local (to me) forum contains MANY stealership employees....try asking there.... They seem to keep up on that stuff.

or

Nick

Reply to
Nein H20 VWs

The March '04 issue of Car and Driver says it'll be later this year when the Touareg V10 TDI arrives.

Reply to
Matt B.

Guess you will never buy a VW with your outlook! And I hope you don't.

Reply to
Woodchuck

I have heard and seen the documentation to prove it....there are currently

20 TDI Touareg's in Canada, still in Port...Canada is slated to get the V-10 TDI first, then the U.S. about 6 months later.

- Peter

Reply to
Pete Cressman

Reply to
Rob Guenther

actually, I used to work for one of the 'stealerships'. Unless you happen to know which one, you have no business judging 'MY' "outlook." I will never buy a NEW VW....I have no desire. Nick

Reply to
Nein H20 VWs

not nearly soon enough!

Reply to
DDB

Reply to
mbrower

That's good to know as I heard late this year. Canada seems to be more TDI friendly than down here. I think it's a government issue thing.

Reply to
Woodchuck

The TDI's are really popular. I'd say 1/2 of the VWs with a TDI option are TDI. For the Jetta 1/2 seem to be TDI, 3/8ths seem to be 1.8T's and the rest are a mix of 2.0L and VR6's. The 2.0L engine seems to be only popular on the Golf CL and GL (like you have another choice with the CL...) and the Jetta GL (the ones with steel rims)

Reply to
Rob Guenther

I dunno....There are a ton of Jetta 2.0Ls in the area where I live, but I would agree...the TDI and TDI-PD are very popular.

- Peter

Reply to
Pete Cressman

employees....try

Reply to
Rob Guenther

Generally speaking, Guelph sells about 25% 2.0L, 50% TDI, 10% VR6, and 15%

1.8T....the 2.0l 5-speeds are still really popular around here...

- Peter

Reply to
Pete Cressman

Of course, they are the cheapest ones... and they are a nice car through and through.

Reply to
Rob Guenther

April? That's pretty soon! I can't help but think the dealers tend to be a little optimistic but it would be cool if it were here that soon.

I wonder what kind of fuel economy it will get? I've heard some numbers bandied about that seem pretty incredible for a rig that probably weighs

5800 lbs. or so. Still, if it could get 25 mpg on the highway, I think I'll have to get one. That would give it a range of well over 600 miles, pretty good for a rig with 310 hp and 550 ft/lbs. of torque!

Spanky

Reply to
Spanky