Testing Fuel Pump Relay...

I have an 85 GTi that sat in my backyard for a couple of years. It does not run. I was told to turn the key halfway and listen for the transfer pump. I did that and heard nothing and was then told to test/ buy a new fuel pump relay. Is there any way i can test this before i buy a new one?

Thanks

Reply to
the.cheef

Yes there is a way to test the fuel pump relay while it's out of the car. Do you know how to use a ohm meter?

Reply to
samstone

jumper terminals 30 & 87 and see if the pump runs.

Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck