Ticking noise from ventilation valve

Can someone help me, there is a constant tick, tick noise coming from a small box attached to the ventilation where there the FAN is (behind the passenger glove box) I have stripped as much of the dash away to get to it but I cant get further without alot more breakdown. The noise only happens below 20mph, as soon as I get past 20 it stops. If I set the climatronic controls to circle air inside the car then the ticking goes berserk and continues whatever the speed I go. Like I said before I have traced it down to a small box at the side of the vent near the Fan, I guess that this box is a valve for closing/opening the vents for getting outside air in or circulating the internal air.

cheers

Reply to
frogboy

What VW you own would be great to know? That said are you sure it's not the purge valve ticking and the noise is being transfered into the body. Which you then here inside the car? It was a common noise on pre 99.5 golf/jetta's.

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: >

Woodchuck

> > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report > abuse: > >
It is a VW Passat 2000 1.8 S 20V Auto. The noise is definately coming from little box (I assume its some sort of valve) If I pull the fuse for the climatronic then the noise stops.

Reply to
frogboy

climatronic, then I bet you got one of the servo motors making some noise.