Tiguan power outlets

Just took possesion of a 2009 Tiguan and have found that none of my chargers (Garmin Nuvi, iPhone) work in any of the outlets. Are the outlets disabled by default and need to be activated by the dealer? Or are the outlets non standard and need some type of adapter to get the chargers to make contact? I guess there could be a blown fuse. Does one fuse control all 4 outlets?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
Peter Kemp

I don't know the answer, but please post once you solve this issue. I'd be very interested in hearing the resolve.

My guess is that you have a blown or defective fuse.

Willy

Reply to
Willy

Let me tell you my tale of woe with this car.

I purchased it on 7/29. Drove it home at 5 pm. Watched my daughter pull out of the garage that evening and discovered a huge pool of transmission fluid on the floor. Retuned the car to the dealer the next morning. They had to replace the high pressure hose to the trans oil cooler and the part had to be shipped from Germany. Got the car back at

6 pm on 8/5. Finally got to drive the car for more than 30 minutes. During the drive, I discovered that the power outlets weren't working. Posted the original message that night. Next morning I thought I would check the fuse. Blown. Replaced with the spare. Nothing. New fuse blown. Went to auto parts store to buy box if fuses. Walking out the store, notices something dripping from left side of engine. Got home to find another pool of trans fluid on the floor. Put a new fuse in. With nothing in any of the outlets, statrted the car and turned it off. Blown fuse. Returned the car to the dealer. VW tells the service department to replace the entire trans cooler and all lines. Parts need to be ordered from Germany. Service says there appears to be aground in the outlet circuit. Hopefully getting the car back today if the parts show up.

Had the car for over 2 weeks and had about 1.5 hours of drive time. Hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

Be interested in hearing from other Tig owners and any problems they've experienced.

Reply to
Peter Kemp

My GOSH, what a horror story. I just picked up my new JETTA tdi Saturday, and 500 miles later, so far so good.

Man, I would be just SICK if this happened to me, but it sounds like a freakish kind of thing.

Sure hope this gets better for you. I'm seriously considering the Tiguan once they become available with the TDI.

Wes

Reply to
Willy

Been driving the car for a week now and no leaks. The car drives like a dream. Extremely smooth and quiet at highway speeds. And I got 24 mpg from my first tank of gas. The dealership tinted my front windows for free, gave me a Tiguan t-shirt, a VW travel mug and they are making my first payment since it's almost due and i didn't get much drive time in this first payment period. I'm happy with the car and real happy with the dealer.

Reply to
Peter Kemp

Sounds like an outstanding dealership. Where are you located?

Willy

Reply to
Willy

They are. Lewisville VW, Lewisville, Texas (just north of Dallas on I35).

After the second tranny leak, they sent a guy to my home and he spent the better part of an hour cleaning my garage floor. I was real impressed.

Reply to
Peter Kemp