Timing belt question for a MK4 2.0L

I was wondering when the timing belt needs to be replaced on a 1999.5 Golf. The Bentley says just to check it every 40k - it was OK at 40 and I am now up to 65k.

Also, when it does need to be replaced, what should it cost?

Thanks,

-Pete

Reply to
Pete Foley

If it's a USA car then the change is done at 105,000 miles Personally I would do it about 90,000miles

Reply to
Woodchuck

And don't forget the waterpump while you're at it.

Reply to
Pencilneck