Trailer hitch on a '99 B5 Passat

Hi all,

I was contemplating installing a hitch on my '99 1.8T sedan. I'm a little concerned because in looking at u-Haul's website they don't have the GLS sedan listed. They've got wagons and GLX models. I remember reading on edmunds and another website that VW does not recommend trailer hitches on the 1.8T models.

Does anyone have a hitch on their 1.8T Passat? If I put a hitch on it's probably going to be pulling 1500lbs. Bike rack, trailer with lawn mower.... that's probably it.

Thanks,

Kevin Get rid of the x's in the address and you should be good to go.

Reply to
Kevin

Check here...

Good people with good advice. They even supplied me with wiring info for hooking up lights. They should have several models to choose from for your car.

Reply to
Tony Bad