Turn Signals On 1999.5 Jetta TDI (Part Duex)

I had written earlier about my noresponsive turn indicator lights and was about to break down and go to a garage for help. However, last night on the drive home, I moved the lever and lo and behold they are working again.

Prior to them conking out on Sunday (they would light, but not blink) I drove through one heck of a rainstorm on the way down to Atlanta. It was after I had parked the car, went shopping and then started it up for the return trip home that I noticed the turn signals weren't blinking. Could it be as simple as they got wet and now they are dry?

This was a heck of a storm, the likes of which I seldom drive through.

Thanks

David

Reply to
David

Flasher relays are under a recall, I just had mine replaced this week, for free. Might want to head over to your local VW shop and have them run the VIN.

If not, the flasher and the four-way hazard light switch are all one piece. You pop out one of the adjacent switches or blank covers, as the case may be, reach around behind the four-way switch and push it out. Swap in the new switch, which is about $20.

Reply to
Brian Running