Two partial Sciroccos up for grabs

I've got three 1987 16V Scirocco's here.

The "black one" I'm driving and restoring. It's not "up for grabs."

But there's two red ones...

The "red" was on the road until fall 2007 when it developed a problem running when warm. It's transmission was moved into the "newest" one in February 2008. I've removed a few parts from it to support the one that I'm still driving since them. Master cylinder, right headlight cluster, a difficult to find pipe in the engine, the rear struts a few other bits I don't recall right now. The hatch I removed and traded for some body work on the black one a month ago. The failed transmission from the black one is in the trunk. It's also been hit twice so it's got a very large dent just aft of the drivers door and a smaller one at the driver side rear corner. The frame is definitely tweaked. "Bent" would probably be a better word. Never the less, I drove it for almost two years after this happened. The engine has about 250K miles on it and was passing (barely) emission inspections and getting 24 to 26 MPG right up to the end. It was burning some oil too, I don't recall how much. Enough that I checked the oil level about once a week. I don't remember how often I had to add oil, but I do recall that it was not weekly.

The "shell" one is, well, a shell. The unit body is in very good shape and has been laser aligned. It's been largely stripped other than that.

The original idea, before I got the black one, was to get a good shell, restore that, then transfer all the running gear from the "full red" one to the "red shell." Work was started on the shell, when I came into possession of the black one and cancelled the project. I had about $1,000 into the shell when I cancelled the project.

I kept the shell originally intending to go ahead with the work to finish it, but at a slower pace. This hasn't proven to be happening. There's been too many changes in my life since then, and I just don't have the interest any more.

So, if someone wants to come and get either or both of these, they're yours. If you felt inclined to cross my palm with a few dollars, I wouldn't object, but I'm not really looking for it either.

I'm in Hopkinton Mass. If interested, email me [ Bill snipped-for-privacy@msn.com ] for further information, exact location, to arrange to see them, or whatever.

Please include the word "Scirocco" somewhere in the subject line so my spam filter will let your message through.

- Bill

Reply to
Bill Leary